April 17, 2011

UNI update!

Just a little update on what's been going on at uni recently. 

Below you can see some cardboard coat hangers which we designed for our Structure, Form and Material in Industrial Design subject. We were asked to design and construct a coat hanger out of fashion card (or any lighter weight cardboard) which would be able to hold a 2.6kg winter coat. The photo below is a display of some of the designs from the course.

Level 6, Building 6, UTS

This was my design and was lucky enough to be chosen for showcase. Mine was the lightest on display (that had already been weighed) at only 21g, i think..

Next is from my Ergonomics class. We were asked to make up personas to test our interface designs on. This is one of the personas we had in my group which I made up. Her name is Chi Chi, a 70 year old retiree who spends her time making crafts which she sells at weekend markets around the city.

we had to cut up magazines and things to stick on paper to represent our personas. Definitely one of our funner classes this semester.

And alas I am on my mid semester break with lots of work do to before the break is over..

No comments:

Post a Comment